Trust Your Stafford Office to SERVPRO
Your offices are a prime real estate location for disasters!
Imagine that you work on the first floor of a large building such as an office building with many offices for insurances, brokers, medical groups, banks, whatever the case may be. Everybody leaves for the day, let's pretend it's a Friday. Everybody leaves for the weekend, the entire office building is secure.
On the top floor in one of the kitchens/breakrooms, the hose to the ice maker springs a leak. Maybe the plastic hose split.
When you return on Monday there is water everywhere. Looking up, the ceiling is sagging, the light fixtures have water in them. Everybody is outside wondering what to do?
We should be your first call since we have the manpower and equipment to tackle any jobs, large or small. Our Disaster Recovery Team is standing by ready for anything that comes our way. You will be amazed at how fast our team will be on site, analyzing your situation and getting your office building back to the way it was, "Like it never even happened."
Post Storm Painting
Sometimes the last thing you want to do after fixing a major storm repair is paint!
Hurricane season is here and sometimes we luck out and just get a little damage that involves only a few patch jobs to a wall or the exterior side of the house.
After you finish repairing the damage you really do not feel like painting, it can be a real hassle if you do not have the right equipment or the technical know how.
Luckily for you, SERVPRO has the manpower and resources to do all sorts of different sized jobs from one bedroom apartments to a 100 plus unit condo tower and everything in between.
So the next time you just do not feel like painting that front wall for the fifth time or slapping on another coat to the third floor bathroom because a tree came through the wall, give SERVPRO a call (281) 403-2256!
What to Expect When Filing A Flood Insurance Claim
he last thing you want after a experiencing a flood is additional stress. Whether Houston flood damage left a soggy mess in the basement or it forced an emergency evacuation, severe storms cause significant anxiety and fear of how to start picking up the pieces.
One powerful way to combat the feelings of despair is to know what to anticipate with the flood recovery process. Knowing who to call and what to expect from those helpers brings comfort-- remember, no matter how bad the situation may seem at the moment, rebuilding your home and life is possible.
We are SERVPRO, the storm damage restoration experts in Stafford, Missouri City, and surrounding cities. With hundreds of hours in training and thousands of hours dedicated to flood recovery, we are the preferred remediation team of home insurance providers.
Use this simple guide to help you understand the flood insurance claim process. And remember, if you have any questions, your insurance agent and the SERVPRO Claims Information Center (CIC) are here to help.
Contact your insurance agent. The first step in filing a flood insurance claim is to contact your insurance provider. While The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is a government-funded program, you will be working with an insurance agent or adjuster in the claims process. If you cannot reach your agent immediately, be sure to leave a clear message with your contact number.
Contact SERVPRO. Likewise, you’ll want to call SERVPRO as soon as possible. Even you if are not able to speak to your insurance agent, Stafford SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your call. By contacting us early, you can reduce your losses. Within a few hours of your phone call, we are onsite to being the mitigation process.
Itemize losses. A critical part of getting the most out of your flood insurance claim is taking a detailed list of the damage. Your insurance agent or SERVPRO technician will assist you in itemizing and photographing all damaged items. With extensive training in flood damage restoration, SERVPRO technicians have a keen eye for knowing which items can be saved. Our goal is to repair whenever possible and replace when it can’t be restored.
Begin the Restoration Process. Within 8 short hours of arrival to your home, a Stafford SERVPRO technician will provide you and your insurance agent with a detailed description of the losses, repairs needed, as well as the estimate. The SERVPRO CIC keeps a careful electronic record of all the information to ensure that no time is lost in the shuffling of paperwork.
After going being uprooted from your home and life, the last thing you want is the additional stress from not knowing what to expect next. Filing a flood insurance claim involves specific steps, but they ensure that every detail of the flood damage restoration process is thought of. With a team that reaches across the nation and a heart for our community, SERVPRO of Stafford/Missouri City is faster to any size disaster. Call us today and let us know how we can help you.
Hurricane Preparedness Month
Hurricane Preparedness Month!
Here are some tips from the desk of the Community Risk Reduction Officer for our local Fire Dept:
During Hurricane Preparedness Month, make sure you have a hurricane evacuation plan.
The first thing you need to do is find out if you live in a storm surge hurricane evacuation zone or if you're in a home that would be unsafe during a hurricane.
If you are, figure out where you'd go and how you'd get there if told to evacuate. You do not need to travel hundreds of miles. Identify someone, perhaps a friend or relative who doesn't live an evacuation zone or unsafe home, and coordinate with them to use their home as your evacuation destination.
Be sure to account for your pets, as most local shelters do not permit them.
Put the plan in writing for you and those you care about- share your plan with your neighbors.
Find evacuation zones here: http://flash.org/hurricane-season/evacuation-zones/find-your-evacuation-zones.pdf.
And as always SERVPRO is here for you when the storm is over to help put your life back together!
Call us if you ever need any help (281) 403-2256
How To Help Minimize Damage To Your Home. 7 Things To Do:
Rain showers and thunderstorms are a common weather condition in our communities of Stafford and Missouri City, but when they come with high winds, hail, or tornadoes, it’s considered severe weather. Wind-torn destruction, flying wreckage, flooding, and even fires from lightning or crippled electrical systems are but some of the examples of storm damage in Stafford and Missouri City. Severe weather damage poses a risk to both your home and personal safety. However, there are steps that you can take to lessen the risk.
Your best protection is to prepare before severe weather hits and follow the best practices for safety. Below, you’ll find 7 things you must know and do to help minimize damage to your home, and to keep you and your family safe until help arrives.
1. Make an Emergency Plan And Supply Kit. A basic emergency plan should contain phone numbers of who to contact, information on a meeting place outside of your immediate area in case of evacuation or separation, escape routes from your home to your safe meeting place, and copies of important documents including medical records.
An emergency supply kit should contain everything you and your family needs to survive for at least three days. Necessary items include non-perishable food, water, medicines, first-aid kit, blankets, radio and flashlight, and extra batteries. If you have children, also pack baby formula, diapers, and a few toys or games.
2. Remove Debris Around The Home. Remove rotted trees, woodpiles, and dead shrubbery. If you have loose gravel or rocks in your driveway, consider replacing it with a solid material such as concrete. Flying wreckage accounts for most of the personal injuries and storm damage in Missouri City and Stafford.
3. Avoid Contact With Anything That Can Conduct Electricity. This includes items that are plugged into outlets and any metallic items. Even plumbing can conduct electricity. Avoid washing your hands, showering, or using the washing machine. Cell phones, however, are safe to use.
4. If You Are Driving Or Are Outdoors, Find Shelter. Find a building with minimal doors and windows to take refuge in the middle-most and lowest part of the building. If it is not safe to exit your car, park on the side of the road and turn on the emergency lights. Do not touch anything metallic in the car. If there is danger from high winds or lightening and cannot find shelter, lie on the ground and protect your head with your arms. Make sure that you are away from any natural lightning rods such as lone trees and hilltops.
5. Stay Tuned To Local Weather Reports And Alerts. NOAA Weather Radio, as well as our local community warning system, will provide the latest information on weather conditions as well as critical information to keep you and your family safe during severe weather.
6. Stay Away From Storm Damaged Areas. If you are asked to evacuate, do not return to the storm affected area until it has been deemed safe to do so. Even after the immediate threat of severe weather has passed, wreckage and flooding pose a risk. We understand that you’ll want to start the storm damage restoration process as soon as possible, and SERVPRO of Stafford is eager to help, but your safety comes first.
7. Call Your Insurance Agent. After the storm has passed and officials have determined that it is safe to enter the storm-damaged area, call your insurance agent to start the claims process. If your agent cannot be reached, leave a clear message with your name and contact information. However, there is no need to wait for your insurance agent before you start your home restoration process. SERVPRO of Stafford works alongside insurance companies. We are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will happily assist you with the insurance claims process as we get to work on restoring your home.
At Stafford and Missouri City SERVPRO, we are dedicated to helping our local community with storm damage restoration. Faster to any size disaster, our compassionate and professional team is always ready to assist in restoring your home and life when the unexpected happens. Give us a call today and let us know how we can help.
Fire Damage in Stafford Texas
Beginning to end repair.
Fire Damage Can Catch You Off Guard!
Here is a total reconstruction project that SERVPRO has taken on after a freak accident caused this family's house to burn down beyond repair.
SERVPRO handled all the demolition for this residence after the tragic fire had happened. The owner loved working with us so much that he decided to have SERVPRO take care of the entire reconstruction of the home as well.
The project has passed all inspections and was to be a quick rebuild for the homeowner. This fire damage repair moved along at a great pace!
Not many companies can take you from Fire Damage Cleanup to Total Reconstruction of your most valuable possession.
Call us today if you have had a fire damage! (281) 403-2256
You Got Flooded, What Now?
Flooding caused by severe weather and tornadoes is unlike other types of water damage.
Heavy downpours combined with high-velocity winds are incredibly destructive. The severe weather turns our playgrounds to lakes, roads to rivers, and our homes from safe havens to swampy hazards.
The effects of tornado flooding can be overwhelming. However, you are not alone. Your locally owned SERVPRO is the Missouri City and Stafford flood damage restoration expert, and we’re ready to help you with every step of the recovery process.
Once it is safe to go outside and survey the damage do so cautiously as there still maybe downed trees and power lines that can cause harm to you and your loved ones. Then decide if you have extensive damage or flooding.
If you need flooding and storm damage restoration completed fast, please call us at (281) 403- 2256.
Smoke Damage Stinks
Clean out the smell with these tips.
Remove the smell of smoke in your fire-damaged home by following these instructions.
1. Throw open the windows and doors as quickly as possible after the fire. The less time the smoke sits around the greater chance of getting rid of it quickly. Even if it is in the middle of winter, airing your house right away will disperse the smoke and prevent any more absorption.
2. Wash your drapes and linens as soon as possible; they will absorb the smoke odor rapidly. Wash them in the hottest water that the fabric can endure and heavy duty washing detergent.
3. Clean your cabinets, walls, and floors with a one-part vinegar, one part warm water solution. Be sure to test this first but most surfaces are fine with this solution. Vinegar naturally absorbs odors so the smell of vinegar and smoke should go away in a few hours after using it.
4. Place bowls of baking soda around your kitchen, and even put a few in the cabinets, pantry, and any other room that has an odor. This too will help to absorb the odor in a few days time. Sprinkle the rugs and carpeting with baking soda and vacuum. Sprinkle the baking soda again and this time let sit for a few days time before vacuuming.
5. If the house still reeks of smoke or if you don’t want to mess with it in the first place, just call us here at SERVPRO and we’ll get it right out.
Commercial Cleaning in Stafford Texas
You don’t have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office.
When grime, odor and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in your local SERVPRO Professional. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on SERVPRO of Stafford / Missouri City to make your workspace look it's very best.
SERVPRO of Stafford / Missouri City will get the job done right and get it done quickly because the SERVPRO Advantage includes these benefits: Award-Winning Training, Nearly 50 Years of Experience and Exclusive Cleaning Products.
Specialty Cleaning Services
We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. Our cleaning services include the following: Air Ducts and HVAC, Biohazard, Carpet and Upholstery, Ceilings, Floors, and Walls, Drapes, and Blinds, Odor Removal, Sewage, Trauma and Crime Scene and Vandalism.
HELPING TO MAKE FIRE AND WATER DAMAGE “Like it never even happened.”
5 Crucial Questions to Ask Before Hiring A Water Restoration Business
What could possibly be worse than the feeling of your home damaged by a flood? Answer: Feeling that you’ve hired the wrong person to fix it!
The fact is that hiring the right restoration business to repair your home’s water damage will save you stress and money in the long run. Beyond looking for a flood repair business that is licensed and insured—a requirement in Texas for all contractors—you want a Stafford flood restoration business that you can trust to provide exceptional service.
At Stafford SERVPRO, we make your flood damage restoration as easy and stress-free as possible, under the circumstances. But as you are looking for the best professionals to suit your needs, you can ask yourself these 5 crucial questions:
1. Is the business locally owned or a national chain?
Local or family-owned businesses have strong connections to the community, because they live and work with you. On the other hand, national chains have the advantage of being part of a vast network that provides additional resources. SERVPRO of Stafford is unique in that we are both! We are your family-owned home restoration neighbors, with the backing of over 1,650 SERVPRO franchises nationwide.
2. Is the business certified by the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC)?
The IICRC is an internationally recognized organization that sets ethical and professional standards for home restoration. Certification from the IICRC is a rigorous process, one that not all restoration businesses are willing to undertake. By hiring an IICRC certified business, you can trust that you are selecting one that is dedicated to doing excellent, professional work.
3. What do former customers say about their service?
As the old saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. Testimonials from satisfied customers are significant because they provide evidence that the business delivered as promised. Ask around, and chances are you’ll find enthusiastic Stafford SERVPRO customers.
4. Do they give you a written estimate and clearly explain the process?
Before any work begins, make sure the estimate is clearly recorded on the contract, along with an estimate for the services to be provided. At SERVPRO of Stafford, we make sure you understand everything before the work begins. We will take time to explain the contract, and even help you with the insurance claim process.
5. When are they available?
Flooding doesn’t happen at convenient business hours. Whether it is caused by torrential rains or a faulty washing machine hose, you want a flood cleanup team that is there when you need them. Stafford SERVPRO, also serving Missouri City, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stafford SERVPRO is well known in Fort Bend County for restoring the homes of many of our neighbors who have experienced water damage. If you are ever in need of emergency water or storm damage repair, we are here to help you get your life. But whomever you choose to help you get back on your feet, we hope you have a worry-free home restoration experience. Feel free to explore our Home Page for more information about our services, and to read testimonials from satisfied local customers.