Who Fixes Storm Damage In Stafford Texas
Don't take a risk on any old person in a truck to fix your storm-damaged home!
Storm season seems to never end in Stafford Texas!
Everyone who has ever lived in or visited Stafford / Missouri City has been privy to the amazingly intense but ever so brief storms here. It seems almost like out of nowhere they come spiraling out of the sky with ridiculously powerful winds and dumping gallons of rain by the second on the fair residents of Texas.
Once the storms pass everyone usually breathes a sigh of relief and goes on about their day like nothing ever happened. But what if something did happen? What if that 10-minute storm produced golf ball sized hail and pelted them through your windows and opened your home up to the torrential downpours that left your abode soaked to the bone? What if lightning struck that old oak tree in the front yard and half of it came through your roof?
Who would you call to fix your storm-damaged house in Stafford Texas?
You would call SERVPRO because we have been specializing in storm-damaged homes for decades. We have the tools and the talent to make your home look "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO at (281) 403-2256!
Mold Damage Tips
Don't attempt to handle the mold yourself.
What you can do until help arrives:
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Today (281) 403-2256
Black Mold In Stafford Texas
Call SERVPRO to help eliminate black mold today!
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”.
Sensational news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Any mold in your home should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
Check out these tips for more info on what to do if you find mold.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional immediately.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today (281) 403-2256
Thunderstorm Damage To My Missouri City Home
When lightning strikes and thunder rolls your SERVPRO is standing by.
We all know that thunderstorms can actually cause major damage to your homes.
But who do you call when the clouds roll out?
SERVPRO has been fixing storm-damaged homes in the Stafford / Missouri City area for quite some time. Our highly trained technicians are qualified to handle almost anything wicked storms can throw at them.
We have the experience, training, and equipment to handle a small flood to massive thunderstorm damage resulting in holes in your roof, water damaged floors and even fire damage caused by lightning.
Why trust the process of putting your home and sometimes your family back together to any old person with a truck and a few tools. SERVPRO is licensed and insured to give you the ultimate peace of mind that you are in good hands.
Call us today (281) 403-2256
6 Tips To Winterize Your HVAC In Stafford
HVAC Maintenance Is The Biggest Key To Warm Winters
Winter is hitting the Stafford Texas area and that means it’s time to switch on the heat.
Is your HVAC System ready for the challenges that winter brings?
Here are 6 maintenance tips from SERVPRO that will help you enjoy a warm and cozy home all winter long.
- Clean and/or Replace the Air Filter
- Clean the Air Vents
- Add Some Insulation
- Check Your Thermostat
- Cover the Outdoor AC Unit if needed
- Schedule an Inspection from SERVPRO
Do you need a hand with your HVAC maintenance in the Stafford / Missouri City area?
SERVPRO is here to assist you. Through maintenance and repair, the experienced, professional, and friendly technicians at SERVPRO will make sure your heating system is ready for the upcoming winter season. (281) 403-2256
Who Cleans Up After Storm Damage In Stafford
Call Us Right Away When The Coast Is Clear!
Storms hit hard and fast in Stafford Texas.
That is why SERVPRO provides immediate relief and response to your storm damage needs. We can have a team of technicians on site as soon as it is safe to do so.
We can help with a multitude of projects which also includes getting you emergency food and shelter and contacting friends and family.
Storms do not wait for normal business hours that is why you need to call the professionals here at SERVPRO who are available to you 24 / 7 / 365!
We understand the process of putting your life back together when tragedy hits. Let us show you what so many other families have already experienced ... our willingness to make your world normal again!
Call Us Today (281) 403-2256!
Working Smoke Detectors Save Lives
Smoke detectors can save your life, don't get caught without one.
Smoke alarms play a vital role in saving lives, and when properly installed, can reduce the risk of fire injury in half.*
The National Fire Protection Association recommends smoke alarms be installed in every bedroom, outside all sleeping quarters and on every level of the house. Business owners should consult the local Fire Marshall to ensure specific building fire codes and smoke detector requirements are met.
Smoke alarms work best when paired with a fire escape plan. A plan allows your family, employees or clients to escape quickly and safely in an emergency situation.
Review the following tips regarding smoke detector installation and maintenance. For more on emergency preparedness, contact your local SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Smoke alarms should be installed away from the kitchen to prevent false alarms. Generally, they should be at least 10 feet from a cooking appliance.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the test button.
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once a year. If an alarm “chirps,” the battery is low and should be replaced right away.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
Just The Facts: Smoke Detectors
- Three out of five fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke alarms or when the alarms are not working.
- Smoke alarm failures usually result from missing, disconnected, or dead batteries.
- More than one-third (37 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
*Statistics and tips provided by National Fire Prevention Association.
If you have fire damage call SERVPRO TODAY! (281) 403-2256
8 Tips to Avoiding Holiday Hazards In Your Stafford Home
Candles can be a holiday hazard, always use caution.
Candles, pretty lights, and decorations are just a few of the items that add to the charm and cheer of the holiday season-however if they are not used carefully your holidays may go from festive to frightening very quickly.
Review the following simple safety tips, provided by the National Fire Protection Association, to greatly reduce the fire risk in your home or business this holiday season.
1. Two out of five home decoration fires are started by candles. Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that burns.
2. Use sturdy candle holders that are not likely to tip over and place candles on clear, uncluttered surfaces. Consider using flameless candles instead of real candles.
3. Make sure your tree and decorations are at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, space heaters, candles or heat vents.
4. Make sure you have the correct type of lights for your desired decor. Some lights are designed for only indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
5. Carefully inspect light strands before placing them. Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Connect no more than three strands of light sets.
6. Remember to turn off outside decorative lights and Christmas tree lights before leaving or going to bed.
7. Get rid of your tree after Christmas or when it is dry. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home. Check with your local community to find a recycling program.
8. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer.
Your local SERVPRO Franchise Professionals wish you a safe and happy holiday season!
COMMERCIAL CLEANING: FOOD SERVICE FACILITIES
At SERVPRO of Stafford Missouri City our number one priority is getting your business and dining room back in operation as quickly as possible.
When disaster strikes your restaurant or manufacturing center, you need the expertise of a specialized team who is experienced in food service cleanup. At SERVPRO®, our expert teams are trained in health codes, regulations and the use of food safe products. They understand the importance of getting your dining room, kitchen or production operational as quickly as possible. We’ll work to ensure all surfaces are restored and sanitized to health and food safety specifications and you are able to get back to business and your patrons can get back to the food.
Our experience in the food services industry has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following facility types: Food Manufacturing Facilities, Food Distribution Centers, Fast Food Restaurants, Fine Dining Restaurants, Senior Living Facility Kitchens, Educational Cafeterias
EVERYTHING UNDER YOUR ROOF. EVERYONE UNDER OURS.
From restaurants and cafeterias to national distribution centers, SERVPRO® of Stafford Missouri City works to make your food service facility disaster “Like it never even happened.”
LEARN MORE AT: SERVPRO.COM/COMMERCIAL
COMMERCIAL CLEANING: HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
At SERVPRO® of Stafford Missouri City our professionals are trained in adhering to the highest sanitation standards.
We understand that time is crucial for both your operations and your patients. Our employees know how to handle regulated medical waste and undergo special training to work in operating rooms and other restricted areas, always adhering to HIPPA regulations. We also coordinate with environmental and infection control teams to monitor progress and make sure that all necessary health certifications are obtained prior to completing any job. Our number one priority is to quickly and safely take full responsibility of your cleanup needs so that you are free to focus on your number one priority: the patients.
Our experience in the healthcare industry has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following healthcare facilities: Hospitals, Assisted Living Centers, Outpatient Surgical Centers, Electronics and Machine Restoration, Hospice Facilities, Senior Living Facilities, Medical Office Buildings, Document Drying and Restoration
EVERYTHING UNDER YOUR ROOF. EVERYONE UNDER OURS.
From hospitals and large medical complexes to clinics and trauma centers, SERVPRO® of Stafford Missouri City works to make your healthcare facility disaster “Like it never even happened.”
LEARN MORE AT: SERVPRO.COM/COMMERCIAL